Google home page

Charlemagne 17:03 29 Aug 05

Hi,
My Google home page has started giving Google Nederland as the alternative instead of UK. Any ideas as to how I can revert to UK.

Diodorus Siculus 17:07 29 Aug 05

Strange one!

How long has it been happening?

Who is your ISP?

bremner 17:37 29 Aug 05

Change the .nl back to .co.uk and reset home page.

VoG II 18:09 29 Aug 05
  Charlemagne 22:16 29 Aug 05

Thank you all for suggestions. My ISP is Tiscali
and it has been happening in the last few days.

VoG's suggestion took me to the big boys' forum where the same problem has been reported. I have tried suggestions found there with no success as yet. I wonder why it happened in the first place.

mco 00:02 30 Aug 05

...because I know a couple of people to whom this has happened recently. Some kind of bug? Can't all be coincidences.

Stuartli 14:56 30 Aug 05

Normally if you key in google.com it will automatically revert to google.co.uk

Have you look at your Google Preferences (on right of Search button by URL field) and checked that you have chosen English and then Saved the settings?

Stuartli 14:57 30 Aug 05

I'm with Tiscali and it's the google.co.uk link that comes up every time.

Charlemagne 21:59 30 Aug 05

Thank you crx1600 for explaining the problem much better than I did. For the moment I think I will ignore it and hope it will go away.

Charlemagne 18:00 31 Aug 05

I have partly resolved the problem by over installing the Google toolbar and making google UK the home page. Now when I press go to Google.com I get Google Nederland. The answers to searches are in English but the sponsored links are in Dutch!

Thanks for suggestions. I Now consider the matter resolved- sort of.

Andsome 19:51 02 Sep 05

Click onto Tools at the top left of this page and select Internet Options. Where the address for the home page is shown just type www,google. co. uk I have deliberately left a space above to avoid this showing as a link. DO NOT leave a space

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…