google history...THIS IS DESPERATE

DMAN 21:41 28 Jan 05

ok this might sound a bit silly but here goes...

how can i delete the google history on the search page? I was looking for an engagement ring for my gf and everytime i go into google to do a search all my previous listings come up in the search bar.

I've already had to deflect her from using it saying theres something wrong and I don't want my surprise to be found out..... HELP PLEASE I'M GETTING DESPERATE NOW!!

DMAN 21:43 28 Jan 05

By the way I have firefox as my web browser if that helps

PA28 21:45 28 Jan 05

Control Panel>Internet Options. Hit delete files, delete cookies, clear history. That should do it!

PA28 21:47 28 Jan 05

Under Internet Options>Content it can also help to disable Autocomplete.

DMAN 21:48 28 Jan 05

Hasn't worked...I tried this but still no avail

toni b 21:55 28 Jan 05

clcik tools .....options.....privacy..........saved information and clear if that does not work then also clear cookies

bertiecharlie 21:57 28 Jan 05

In Firefox, click on the small button to the left of the Google search bar. Click on Googlebar options then miscellaneous and change the maximum number of searches to keep in the history file to zero.

You may need to restart Firefox.

DMAN 21:59 28 Jan 05

thank you people its done....now my surprise shall keep thanks again

Graham ® 22:04 28 Jan 05

How?

2neat 22:14 28 Jan 05

get crap cleaner, oh and congrats.

DMAN 15:29 29 Jan 05

I di it through the firfox settings - on privacy tab there is a saved information button that I pressed to delete my web pages. It worked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…