Google History

Dekka123 11:45 23 Oct 08

I am running Win XP Pro SP3 on my PC. When I go to google anything a great list of former searches pops up. Could anyone please tell me how I can get rid of them please. Thanks in advance.

birdface 11:56 23 Oct 08

Maybe try.Tools.Internet Options.Content.Settings.Untick Web Addresses and see if that works.If not just go back and tic it again.

scotty 11:57 23 Oct 08

The history is stored by your browser. The way of clearing the data will depend on which browser you use (e.g. Firefox or Internet Explorer). Try looking under the Tools menu for an option to clear history.

birdface 12:01 23 Oct 08

Or maybe.Tools.Internet Options.Setting next to delete.Dot never.And put a Zero in the box at the bottom.Not sure if any of those two work but worth a try.

Covergirl 13:05 23 Oct 08

And there's an option to clear it or switch it off.

This page might help (I can't view the video) click here

Dekka123 15:30 23 Oct 08

Thank you all for your input. I have done it by doing the following: Internet options-Content[Autocomplete Settings uncheck forms.

Stuartli 15:34 23 Oct 08

The Google search bar is part of IE's History (as well as Firefox and other browsers).

In IE go to Tools>Internet Options>General tab>Browsing History>Settings button.

You can choose to keep URLs visited for up to 999 days or as required - inserting a zero clears History when Shutting Down.

In Firefox the configuration is done from Tools>Privacy tab.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5