Google hacked ?

S Hameed 22:22 17 Aug 10

I would be grateful for an expert advice for couple of problems having with my PC

1: Google search engine--Whenever I tried to search on google( home page), result page redirected to unknown websites offering almost similar results to my original search category
System: Windows XP Professional with 2G Ram memory installed
I have tried AVG full scan-Windows Defender- Online McAfee virus scan but of no help ?

2: My mouse(USB) is very sluggish even sometime just get stuck for a while while browsing internet or doing my work?

3: Sometime my machine get very noisy- It may be fan, hard drive but I believe its nothing to do with the problem mentioned above- any clue/ solution ?

Many Thanks
Regards

ridicle 22:27 17 Aug 10

use linux mint or ubuntu instead

birdface 22:58 17 Aug 10

Update and run the free version of Malwarebytes and see if it finds any problems.

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:19 17 Aug 10

Don't take ridicle's advice. The person is a buffoon and lacks any computer knowledge. Buteman is spot on.

G

kristain 06:34 18 Aug 10

it seems your pc is infected by malware. try the best anti-malware software to scan like TrendMicro, Windows Defender & malwarebytes

or

remove unnecessary ad-on from firefox (if you are using this one)

morddwyd 07:03 18 Aug 10

"Don't take ridicle's advice. The person is a buffoon and lacks any computer knowledge. "

You noticed!

lotvic 18:58 19 Aug 10

don't feel too sorry for the chap
'ronalddonald' aka 'ridicle' aka 'onthelimit2'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…