Google hacked ?

S Hameed 22:22 17 Aug 10

I would be grateful for an expert advice for couple of problems having with my PC

1: Google search engine--Whenever I tried to search on google( home page), result page redirected to unknown websites offering almost similar results to my original search category
System: Windows XP Professional with 2G Ram memory installed
I have tried AVG full scan-Windows Defender- Online McAfee virus scan but of no help ?

2: My mouse(USB) is very sluggish even sometime just get stuck for a while while browsing internet or doing my work?

3: Sometime my machine get very noisy- It may be fan, hard drive but I believe its nothing to do with the problem mentioned above- any clue/ solution ?

Many Thanks
Regards

ridicle 22:27 17 Aug 10

use linux mint or ubuntu instead

birdface 22:58 17 Aug 10

Update and run the free version of Malwarebytes and see if it finds any problems.

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:19 17 Aug 10

Don't take ridicle's advice. The person is a buffoon and lacks any computer knowledge. Buteman is spot on.

G

kristain 06:34 18 Aug 10

it seems your pc is infected by malware. try the best anti-malware software to scan like TrendMicro, Windows Defender & malwarebytes

or

remove unnecessary ad-on from firefox (if you are using this one)

morddwyd 07:03 18 Aug 10

"Don't take ridicle's advice. The person is a buffoon and lacks any computer knowledge. "

You noticed!

lotvic 18:58 19 Aug 10

don't feel too sorry for the chap
'ronalddonald' aka 'ridicle' aka 'onthelimit2'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac