Google Earth Problem Just Yellow Outlines of Countries etc.

Bing.alau 19:14 PM 31 Aug 12

Our FE has advised me to ask this question in the Helproom. So here goes. I recently had a problem with my computer and lost a few items on it. Now having re-downloaded Google Earth I am unable to get a proper picture of things. I get a map o.k but it is only outlines of the counties in yellow.

Woolwell asked me if I had zoomed in and I said "yes", but I immediately tried zooming in again and managed to get a proper picture. Then when I zoomed out again I got the yellow outlines again. After experimenting with the zoom, I found that the picture only occurs when the zoom tool is about the half way mark, either side of that and the map disappears and the yellow outlines re-emerge. Maybe the zoom tool is faulty.

Any help forthcoming will be appreciated. Thanks in advance....

chub_tor 19:17 PM 31 Aug 12

The yellow outlines are the country borders, you can get rid of them by unticking Borders and Labels.

Bing.alau 19:25 PM 31 Aug 12

chub_tor. Yes but that has left me with an empty white globe.

Bing.alau 19:49 PM 31 Aug 12

Just tried again and got nowhere. It is telling me to start in "DirectX Mode, which I have been doing, with the result that i get this yellow map outline of countries.

I have just tried opening it in the alternative GL Mode and that just switches off my computer.

john bunyan 19:55 PM 31 Aug 12

Bingalau

I suggest uninstalling it then re install.

Bing.alau 20:09 PM 31 Aug 12

john bunyan. I had given that a quick thought but then decided to ask on here. I will see what transpires.

Bing.alau 13:48 PM 01 Sep 12

Latest in this saga is that I have uninstalled it and re-installed it and nothing's changed. So if anybody else has any ideas, feel free to air them please?

rdave13 14:02 PM 01 Sep 12

Press and hold the Windows key then the R key and type dxdiag in run to see if any problems with Direcx 11.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites