Google Earth Problem Just Yellow Outlines of Countries etc.

Bing.alau 19:14 PM 31 Aug 12

Our FE has advised me to ask this question in the Helproom. So here goes. I recently had a problem with my computer and lost a few items on it. Now having re-downloaded Google Earth I am unable to get a proper picture of things. I get a map o.k but it is only outlines of the counties in yellow.

Woolwell asked me if I had zoomed in and I said "yes", but I immediately tried zooming in again and managed to get a proper picture. Then when I zoomed out again I got the yellow outlines again. After experimenting with the zoom, I found that the picture only occurs when the zoom tool is about the half way mark, either side of that and the map disappears and the yellow outlines re-emerge. Maybe the zoom tool is faulty.

Any help forthcoming will be appreciated. Thanks in advance....

chub_tor 19:17 PM 31 Aug 12

The yellow outlines are the country borders, you can get rid of them by unticking Borders and Labels.

Bing.alau 19:25 PM 31 Aug 12

chub_tor. Yes but that has left me with an empty white globe.

Bing.alau 19:49 PM 31 Aug 12

Just tried again and got nowhere. It is telling me to start in "DirectX Mode, which I have been doing, with the result that i get this yellow map outline of countries.

I have just tried opening it in the alternative GL Mode and that just switches off my computer.

john bunyan 19:55 PM 31 Aug 12

I suggest uninstalling it then re install.

Bing.alau 20:09 PM 31 Aug 12

john bunyan. I had given that a quick thought but then decided to ask on here. I will see what transpires.

Bing.alau 13:48 PM 01 Sep 12

Latest in this saga is that I have uninstalled it and re-installed it and nothing's changed. So if anybody else has any ideas, feel free to air them please?

rdave13 14:02 PM 01 Sep 12

Press and hold the Windows key then the R key and type dxdiag in run to see if any problems with Direcx 11.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…