Google Earth not working

MagsD 19:36 20 Feb 06

I installed Google Earth about 2 weeks ago as a friend had told me about it. I have used it only twice, and today I cannot get it to work. When I try to open it, I get the message; "Could not load kvw,path is C:/program files/Google/Google Earth/\kvw\default_lt.kvw" I have tried opening it in both DirectX and OpenGL Mode and still get the message. I then tried to uninstall the programme and there was the message again. Can anyone help please. I am using WindowsXP.

bruno 20:58 20 Feb 06

If you go to All Programs/Google Earth you will find an uninstall/repair option.May be worth a try.

MagsD 22:07 20 Feb 06

Thanks for reply. Tried what you advised but got no response at all from the programme. Any other suggestions on this anyone.

VoG II 22:09 20 Feb 06

System Restore to before you installed it or click here

MagsD 15:26 21 Feb 06

I have tried to do System restore using 3 different dates before the programme was installed. Each time, when the computer restarts, I get the message "Your computer cannot be restored to (date): No changes have been made to your computer". I read in some other threads about problems relating to Ccleaner which I use on a weekly basis. Could this have anything to do with it.I have now restored some registry entries which were removed by Ccleaner, but still have the same problem with Google earth. I can't "use it or lose it".

Hertz Van Rentyl 16:47 21 Feb 06

There is a 5 Kb file called default_it.kvw in the programme in a folder called kvw, has this gone missing?

Taw® 16:49 21 Feb 06

I have used ccleaner for a long time and have installed gearth within the last three months. I have never had a problem but I doubt ccleaner is your worry

Hertz Van Rentyl 16:57 21 Feb 06

Can you download it and install again over the top.

MagsD 17:13 21 Feb 06

I think I have located the folder kvw, but looks like it is empty. Would it be wise to download again?

Hertz Van Rentyl 17:33 21 Feb 06

Worth a try if the file is gone that would be a way of replacing it.

beynac 17:47 21 Feb 06

Its an xml file that sets up the workspace. Its a bit big for posting on here, but if you want to copy mine : click here

Cut and paste into notepad and save as 'default_lt.kvw'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…