Google Earth No show!

Mike 00:06 06 Jan 07

Downloaded Google Earth but cannot zoom in as screen goes blank. The screen starts up with the revolving earth but if I use the wheel to zoom in it goes so far and then the screen starts going black from the centre as a small box and slowly gets bigger. If I put in a City like London it starts to zoom and then goes black.

waiting doesn't help.

What do you think?

Default Monitor on NVIDIA GeForce 5200
Screen resolution 1024 x 768
Rather an old Philips 20C Monitor and cannot find a driver for XP

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
MEDIONPC System Model MS-7015
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0
AMD(tm) XP3200 2.19 Ghz 512 Mhz Ram
DirectX 9

Stuartli 09:29 06 Jan 07

Do you have the latest nVidia graphics card drivers for your card installed? If not, see:

click here

Might be worth reading this excellent guide first:

click here

You are unlikely to require a driver for the monitor.

Mike 17:01 06 Jan 07

Thanks Stuarth, but in click 1, I cannot find my card FX5200.

Click 2, looks like this could take some time to go through it all but it all looks interesting.

Something else has happened, Search fails on a lot of searches I wonder if there connected as I cannot find the uninstall for Google Earth.

VoG II 17:04 06 Jan 07

On mine,Start > All Programs > Google Earth there is an uninstall/repair option. Also options to run in OpenGL or DirectX modes.

Drum 17:05 06 Jan 07

Are you bearing in mind that you need to be online, with a fast Internet connection for it to work?

Mike 17:05 06 Jan 07

Stuartli

Apologies for the misspelling if your name.

Gongoozler 17:13 06 Jan 07

In the NVIDIA drivers page, all the GeForce drivers are lumped together as "GeForce and TNT2" except those specifically listed below it.

Mike 17:28 06 Jan 07

VoG™

I will swear that they were not there last night because I wondered why it wasn't listed. but there you go, must eat more carrots.

since it was there I did a Repair and then a restart but the screen starts to black out at 8 clicks of the wheel on my mouse. However the returns at 1 wheel click back.

Drum, ADSL 1.1 Mbps

Mike 18:13 06 Jan 07

Gongoozler, Thanks, it seem straight forward.

One thing bothers me will this down load a file for me to install or will it do it all by itself, just like MS updates.

Miké 19:09 06 Jan 07

It should be a .exe file which will self install once clicked, usually a reboot is required to run with the new driver.

Miké 19:15 06 Jan 07

BTW you say that you are using an old monitor, have a look at the "digital vibrance" setting which may bring a bit more life to your desktop!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…