Google Earth - just NOT working correctly??

AngeTheHippy 19:21 PM 23 Jul 12

Evenin' Chaps,

For some unknown reason Google Earth has decided not to work properly. Each time I open it, a message:

Google Earth could not contact the authentication server to activate your sesion. The application will continue to opetate but will only display data available locally (cache).

I've uninstalled and d/loaded the latest edition, the exact same this happens. The further I zoom in, the more blurry it becomes (like it was 5 years ago) What can I do about this please? Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Ange x

rdave13 19:45 PM 23 Jul 12

Run this Google test.

AngeTheHippy 19:49 PM 23 Jul 12

Hi rdave, I've tried this a number of times already, and results always return as OK. It's really getting on my nerves as I use GE a lot to research crop marks...

Ange x

Woolwell 19:51 PM 23 Jul 12

Does Google Maps work? Is it a firewall snag?

AngeTheHippy 19:58 PM 23 Jul 12

Hi WooLwell, Google maps DOES work, and it's ticked as exception in my firewall. I've no clue WHY it suddenly stopped working, the maps appear to be old maps too. Do you know what is the most stable version? This is the version I'm using - 6.2.2.6613

Ange x

Woolwell 20:04 PM 23 Jul 12

The maps are frequently old. Why don't use you use Google Maps - its the same imagery.

Woolwell 20:07 PM 23 Jul 12

Interesting - as I was on 6.1 and told that no updates available but have just been to Google Earth site and downloaded and installed 6.2.2.6613.

AngeTheHippy 20:11 PM 23 Jul 12

Well, that's the same version I'm using ... I hope you don't start having probs too!!

Ange x

Woolwell 20:12 PM 23 Jul 12

What is your firewall? I think that you may have firewall snag see Google earth tutorial and scroll down to troubleshooting.

AngeTheHippy 21:02 PM 23 Jul 12

woolwell, I'm using the Vista firewall only, and it's ticked as exception. One strange thing though, when I run the test in IE9, it only returns 2 results, not 3 as shows on the GE tutorial page...

Woolwell 22:43 PM 23 Jul 12

Can you make them trusted sites in IE9?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…