Google earth good program?

Dancingbrave 15:14 13 Sep 06

Have you got it what do you think.

dogbreath1 15:15 13 Sep 06

Got it. Use it all the time for work. Excellent.

johnnyrocker 15:16 13 Sep 06

not too bad but i suspect the paid for version might have better definition and closer zoom.

johnny.

Stuartli 15:17 13 Sep 06

It's one of the most addictive items you could install on your system.

Be prepared to spend many hours looking around your neighbourhood and in many other parts of the world...:-)

VoG II 15:17 13 Sep 06

Yes excellent. However, the resolution is not as good for some parts of the country as others.

Dancingbrave 15:18 13 Sep 06

Is that the free version you all use.

VoG II 15:19 13 Sep 06

Free here.

Dancingbrave 15:21 13 Sep 06

Northwest England is my area hope the resolution is good for it.

Stuartli 15:37 13 Sep 06

As it's basically US led, the resolution for the States is excellent for the key areas such as towns and cities - it's the same for most of the UK but, obviously, rural areas are not necessarily as detailed.

I also live in the North West and I can easily pick out my house and, in fact, work out roughly when the aerial photography took place based on property alterations and parked cars in the road and on driveways.

rodriguez 15:51 13 Sep 06

Google Earth is great for finding places that you have to go to and have never been to before. If I get job interviews or have to go somewhere I've never been, I can look it up on there and see the building I've got to go to, along with all the roads, buildings and landmarks that surround it. As I live in Birmingham, everywhere's covered in high definition, but if you go out into the country where it isn't high definition you can still see rivers and fields, it's just they're a bit blurry. If you post what town you live in, I'm sure someone will look it up and say if it's in high definition or not.

guesswho2 15:51 13 Sep 06

But have you tried click here.
In many ways I think it's better.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…