Google Earth

micemews 16:12 28 Dec 09

Sorry if I am being thick but I have just downloaded Google Earth 5 and now when I click on the pin for my home address all I get is the pin on a dark grey background instead of the picture of my house which I used to get before I downloaded the new version. In fact the pin on this background is all I get no matter what location I click on.

Can anyone suggest what the reason for this is please.

levyo1 17:26 28 Dec 09

have you tried typing in your postcode

Woolwell 17:50 28 Dec 09

Check what you have checked/unchecked in layers (bottom left)

Bill10 16:28 29 Dec 09

Make sure you are connected to the internet too!

Bill10 16:30 29 Dec 09

And logged into the google earth server (file menu).

micemews 16:31 29 Dec 09

Thanks For your replies guys. I think Woolwell may have the answer but no matter what items I tick in layers I am not able to get a colour picture (or indeed any picture) of the earth with buildings and hills etc.

Could anyone let me know please which basic items need to be ticked so that when Google Earth is opened a color picture of earth appears. Thanks

micemews 16:39 29 Dec 09

Yes I am connected to the Internet and also the Google earth Server but still have the same problem.

Technotiger 16:40 29 Dec 09

Check the 5th Icon from the right at the top of the GE Window, right-click and make sure that it is not the Moon you are looking at!

micemews 16:42 29 Dec 09

Yes it is Earth I am looking at.

Technotiger 16:48 29 Dec 09

Go to Tools, then Options and click on Restore Defaults.

micemews 17:02 29 Dec 09

i have restored defaults as suggested but this has made no difference. When I open Google Earth all I get is a black background with what appears to have stars scattered about and a large white circle in the centre with a number of yellow pins inside. Does this help please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5