Google Earth

sibaw 19:04 18 Dec 06

Can anyone tell me why I loose sharpness going below 20km on Google earth. There is no way I can see any houses when I zoom in it is all blurred, despite streaming at 100%
sibaw

VoG II 19:08 18 Dec 06

It depends what area you are looking at. Try London - you should get good resolution there.

SB23 19:09 18 Dec 06

I just figured that its something to do with the program itself.
I can zoom in on my house in S Wales with no problems at all, although it has a greenhouse and garage and doesn't now, and hasn't for about 9 or 10 months. My old house is just a blur, along with my parents house 10 mile from me.

Jackcoms 19:13 18 Dec 06

"I just figured that its something to do with the program itself".

It's nothing to do with the program, per se.

It IS to do with the quality/definition of the satellite photos on which the program is based.

mymate 19:20 18 Dec 06

I used to see my house really clear,but now its all blurred.I think they have updated all the images.

Stuartli 19:54 18 Dec 06

In London and some areas perhaps (Google is, after all, a US based company and the States comes first), but certainly not my town.

In fact the images are several years old...:-)

You must have missed the recent complaints from council representatives in Liverpool and Manchester, about the fact that Google Earth fails to show the large amount of new construction work which has taken/is taking place in the two cities.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:13 18 Dec 06

If you want to see higher reesolution images away from big cities, try NASA WorldWind with the addition of the Microsoft Virtual Earth plugin.

Technotiger 20:24 18 Dec 06

Hi, I have good clear images in all built-up areas I have viewed - but outside most built-up areas then the blurring occurs. I don't think it is a fault with the program, I think that is how it is meant to be. My view of my local area Southsea is only about 10 months old, I think updated about Feb 2006. There is a house next door to me which was redecorated last Autumn, one wall was painted bright red, and this is clearly visible - previously that wall was white. I have Google Earth Plus.

sibaw 04:07 19 Dec 06

thanks it seems I am out of luck, like you say other areas are OK

Technotiger 15:17 19 Dec 06

This is the view I mentioned above - (hope this works :-) ...

C:\Documents and Settings\John\My Documents\My Pictures\G.Earth Ssea.JPG

Technotiger 15:17 19 Dec 06

Naaa - didn't work - ah well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac