google earth

twicklad 18:25 20 Jul 06

I have uninstalled Google Earth and reinstalled several times, both from the internet and the PC Advisor DVD. When using it 4 times out of 5 the system freezes and can only be unlocked by switching off at the mains. Is there something incompatible in my system (Windows XP Pro. SP2).Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Al94 18:35 20 Jul 06

Spec and age of your PC?

€dstowe 18:44 20 Jul 06

Try this click here from Microsoft instead.

Smiler 19:09 20 Jul 06

What processor and how much ram have you got??

skeletal 19:58 20 Jul 06

...And do you have always on broadband? There is some connection activity and if you are losing this/runing slow, it may give the impression of freezing.

Sorry if this is very obvious...but you never know!

Skeletal

bruno 23:21 20 Jul 06

I suggest you try Edstowes link.I have them both and find the detail better on his site.

daba 01:10 21 Jul 06

bruno "and find the detail better on his site" - but so damn slow compared to GE. I've tried both also, and much, much prefer GE, both in its smoothness of operation and its facilities.

Presumably all the "viewers" use the same image source, so its only a matter of time before the GE images will be updated.

twicklad - make sure, if you have one, your "pop-up" blocker is turned off when using GE. I use AdSubtract Pro, and GE won't work at all with it on, others may interfere less so.

bruno 20:02 21 Jul 06

Mine both operate about the same speed and when I open them both together and tile them horizontally on the same wiew,I find the detail is much better on live/local.It all comes down to personal preference,and what you are looking at.

Lettervanman 20:08 21 Jul 06

I am on XP Pro same as you, and have no problem.

twicklad 16:23 24 Jul 06

My pc is 18 months old; Athlon 64 1.81 GHz, 1.00GB; Hard drive 2GB, approx 1.6Gb available.
Have broadband.
The freezing seems to go on forever, (admittedly have never sat waiting long enough to see if it eventually recovers).
I may try the tip re pop-up blocker.

Smiler 16:26 24 Jul 06

Are you sure you only have a 2GB hard disc :-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…