//some 3rd party need geo

Google Earth

User-178362 16:18 16 Apr 06

Could you please tell me how do I find a place in the UK, When I do find a place I am only getting blurred pic, I would like a close up view. I have put down an area but it keeps taking me to Red Square Moscow I have clicked on New folder and New Place mark, put the names in, thats as far as I get.

VoG II 16:26 16 Apr 06

High definition images are not available for all parts of the UK.

If you go to London you should get a good image.

Fellsider 16:39 16 Apr 06

1. To get to places in UK enter the postcode. If you can't (i.e. you don't know it) give as much info as possible (Town, County etc).
Failing that put a major city somewhere close by and zoom in/out enough to be able to locate where you want to be more precisely.

2. As VoG™ says not all areas are high definition it's a case of pot luck, but if when you are zooming in you do it slowly you will probably see the less defined areas are darker.

pj123 18:09 16 Apr 06

Have a go with this one.

click here

Not Google earth but close. I am on Win 98SE and can't get Google earth but this one works for me. As you say the images are a bit blurred but if you up your monitor resolution a bit they might become clearer.

My monitor is set at 800 x 600 but if I put it up to 1024 x 768 I do get a slightly better picture.

terryf 22:59 16 Apr 06

I have friends in Milton Keynes and the images are good, I can go down to 700 ft and see motor vehicles but in my own area around Dorset they are bl**ding 'orrible, I guess it depends where they need high definition for when we all have the 'highly necessary' ID cards and they need to track us after they have triangulated on the use of a mobile phone

terryf 23:00 16 Apr 06

PS Images of Moscow are very clear, my son is working there and was able to show us the exact location with very clear definition.

The Spires 12:56 17 Apr 06

No doubt Moscow have been photographed in great detail.

ashdav 13:25 17 Apr 06

click here
You can use this to search for UK postcodes then click on the "aerial" option on the toolbar and turn the streetmap view into a photo.

User-178362 01:26 19 Apr 06

I click on My Places, Placemarks. I put in post code. I click on the underlined, post code, Post code boundaries. Sometimes I click on New folder and Temporary places. I have a bobble come up saying, from here to here. I sometimes take all the ticks out, thinking I will not go to all of those places, Now I am going to the US all the time, not Moscow. UK is no where to be seen. Could someone tell me where I am going wrong? I have clicked on the other suggestions, I only get roads, I would like to get close up views of buildings and parks.

remind 01:59 19 Apr 06

The postal codes are for the US, some (but not all) of the entries in the Layers list are US only.

VoG II 08:39 19 Apr 06

Type in

postcode, UK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…