Google Docs & Spreadsheets

mbp 22:48 26 Jul 07

I have just come across this facility offered by Google and think it is going to be wonderful. I searched PC Advisor and I cannot find any reference to it. Has anyone used it? How is the GUI? It looks like it is a big jump ahead of Microsoft. I think I will like it!

mbp 11:04 27 Jul 07

I was hoping that some of you would have tried this out and could discuss it. Anyway, I'll be wading in and will comment later.

mbp 13:04 28 Jul 07

I have searched on several sites and no one seems to have used or want to discuss this new facility provided by Google.

I have decided to try it out because I wrote a very length article in Word, and wanted to post it on the Web, concerned about its length and the transferability. Then I stumbled on the above program. I found that it was not convenient to transfer a Word .doc to a Blog, especially when I was not certain of size limitations.

Google D&S allowed me to Upload my .doc program with one click from my files. I could edit it, add illustrations, spreadsheets, invite multiple editors, reformat, and do just about anything to the document, and with one click of a button either send it to my Blog, or email it or store it. The generous size of space was a real consideration.

Documents can be up to 500K and Image to 2 MB
It words flawlessly with HTML, Plain text (.txt), Microsoft Word, .rtf, Open Office (.odt)
User have limit of 1000 documents, and 1000 images.
Fantastic spreadsheet limits.
And it can be posted to the Web, Blogs, emails, with the click of the mouse.
For my needs, it fills a gap between MS Word, and Blogger, and is extremely useful for writers.

What do others think about it? The GUI was very good.

Dipso 16:09 28 Jul 07

Didn't notice your post until now. I use it. I don't have MS Office installed on all of my machines and don't really want to use Open Office on the slower ones. This as you say fills the gap perfectly plus the ability to access docs from any location is a bonus as is the real time sharing facility.

Worth taking the tour to see what it has to offer I think click here

mbp 19:58 28 Jul 07

Thanks Dipso. Your link led to my site, and it does give a photo copy of what the page looks like. However, this link may give a good idea of the functions of the program.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017