Google Desktop

laurie53 07:40 23 May 07

Why have I suddenly started getting Zone Alarm warnings that Google Desktop is trying to access the internet (over the last month or so)?

I've had GD for a long time, and have not changed any preferences or settings, so why is this suddenly happening, on two computers?

Have Google slipped something in while I wasn't looking?

MAJ 07:54 23 May 07

If an application changes, usually because of an update, ZoneAlarm detects that change and, basically, asks you 'Is this a new application?' That's why it's asking you if you want to allow access.

M4tthewb4ker 08:20 23 May 07

just uninstall it plzzz

myfoot 09:13 23 May 07

Yeah have Kerio firewall running and just 3 or 4 days had the same alerts. Google desktop wants to access the internet or whatever. So thee probably was a change in the program. Whereas I'm not sure about trusing Google, I do trust them to make good software.

mammak 11:35 23 May 07

I have actually been wondering the same thing myself even after allowing it access a day or so later it is back asking for permissions again!

laurie53 23:26 23 May 07

A normal update wouldn't have done it.

I have never allowed this programme routine access. I've got nothing against it - it's just that I like to decide which programmes can access and when, other than the obvious ones.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced