google chrome v ie

patso 01:56 26 Sep 10

hi how does google chrome fair against ie on security i have just got it but would like to know if there is any issues with it.i use ie at the moment and still find it a bit slow to start and thats with a 15 meg bb and amd athlon x 2 vista home premium 3 gig ram.just wondering if there are any security issues.i googled but it says its a matter of choice.any ideas welcome

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:19 26 Sep 10

'i googled but it says its a matter of choice'...I kind of think that you have answered your own question.

G

The Kestrel 09:57 26 Sep 10

I have been using Chrome as my default browser for over a year without any security problems. Obviously this includes taking sensible precautions and using an effective antivirus, firewall and scanning with malware programs regularly. I find Chrome much quicker than IE, which is the main reason I use it.

OTT_B 12:29 26 Sep 10

I try and not get involved in this kind of discussion, since there's a fair bit of 'fanboi' attitude out there (as with most things computer related!).

However, in this case, I've recently changed over to using Chrome. This is partly for performance reasons, and partly security. Chrome (says Google) is a far more secure application with less opportunity for hacks that may compromise the user. However, and this is where the contentious comments start, I cannot help but get the feeling that the only reason why it doesn't have any large amounts of targeted treats is because it's usage isn't high enough on a global scale to justify the time spent to create the threats.

[This is about the point where someone enters the discussion, saying my previous comment demonstrates exactly how little knowledge on this topic I have]

There is one upside to Chrome and Firefox though. And that is, that they're open source and don't require the time that Microsoft inevitably take to release patches after a threat has been identified.

patso 17:14 26 Sep 10

hi thanks all for the replies i will give it a try and see how i get on.i noticed one thing i dont like with it,i have set it to delete browsing history and cookies on exit but when i restart chrome there is still some boxes from previous browsinh in the browser,this happened before and i didnt like this feature any ideas how to stop this,thanks again

patso 19:06 26 Sep 10

just an update,i got the click and clean add on from google gallery and this cleans everything when you close the browser, just for the record,thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…