Google Chrome Problem

The Teacher 22:01 PM 29 May 11

For some reason Chrome has started to run really slowly and I cannot access websites from the address bar. I can access my homepage on start of Chrome and I can access it then from home icon. I can access websites if I do a search for them and then click the link but can't access them from favourites.

I really don't want to go back to IE if I can help it. I did install some apps from webstore but have since uninstalled them as I thought that might be the problem. I am also getting a lot of "page unresponsive" messages.

Thanks

The Teacher

James Hull 22:48 PM 29 May 11

Go incognito! If pages are more responsive then it could be either an extension or bloated cache.

See here for some more info and tips

woodchip 23:04 PM 29 May 11

Are we looking at some Chrome spamming in these two chrome threads. From a Chrome forum maybe

bremner 23:42 PM 29 May 11

From two members with a total of 15 years membership I think it doubtful.

James Hull 13:42 PM 30 May 11

Tags allow you to easily see related posts. I saw two on Chrome and answered.

The Teacher 21:36 PM 30 May 11

Got anything constructive to add Woodchip?

The Teacher 21:59 PM 30 May 11

Hi James,

Cache is emptied at end of every session, looked at the link and done some of the stuff in there, will let you know how it gets on.

woodchip 22:20 PM 30 May 11

No its just that I saw these two thread both for chrome both have the same member posting them. I thought it was to get us going. Sorry if I was wrong

The Teacher 20:53 PM 03 Jun 11

Problem solved guys. I installed firefox instead.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone