Google Chrome - No sound

Border View 15:19 PM 23 Nov 12
Answered

I use Google Chrome as my main browser and hold IE in reserve. I've just noticed that I am not receiving any sound when I use Chrome. If I switch over to IE the sound comes through fine.

Can you please advise how to get Chrome to permit sound.

Sea Urchin 15:23 PM 23 Nov 12

Are you referring to watching video for example?

Border View 15:26 PM 23 Nov 12

If I go onto Amazon and try listening to a sample from a CD nothing comes through. Just tried to watch a BT video clip and no sound on Chrom, but fine on IE. No sound effects on Sim City on Facebook.

Sea Urchin 15:45 PM 23 Nov 12

It sounds like you don't have Flash Player installed for non-IE browsers. You can download it from here:

non-IE Flash Player

Border View 15:46 PM 23 Nov 12

Did a google search and it looks like a known problem. Off to look some more to see if I can find a solution. Will report back if I do.

Sea Urchin 16:08 PM 23 Nov 12

Have you installed non-IE Flash Player? You need two versions - one for IE and one for other browsers

Woolwell 16:14 PM 23 Nov 12

You shouldn't need to install non-IE Flash in Chrome as it is built in and enabled by default. However it may need checking that it is enabled see Chrome support

Woolwell 16:17 PM 23 Nov 12

Using a laptop? If so Read this

Border View 16:27 PM 23 Nov 12

Hi - I've downloaded the file you recommended Sea Urchin. I've been into Chrome plug ins and Flash must be enabled because the only thing I can see for it is to disable it.

Still no sound.

Border View 16:28 PM 23 Nov 12

Hi woolwell - no using a desktop

Border View 16:30 PM 23 Nov 12

Other than Firefox does anyone have suggestions for an alternative browser?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification: OP2 confirmed in VR product launch - full OnePlus…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things