Google Chrome - No sound

Border View 23 Nov 12
Answered

I use Google Chrome as my main browser and hold IE in reserve. I've just noticed that I am not receiving any sound when I use Chrome. If I switch over to IE the sound comes through fine.

Can you please advise how to get Chrome to permit sound.

Sea Urchin 23 Nov 12

Are you referring to watching video for example?

Border View 23 Nov 12

If I go onto Amazon and try listening to a sample from a CD nothing comes through. Just tried to watch a BT video clip and no sound on Chrom, but fine on IE. No sound effects on Sim City on Facebook.

Sea Urchin 23 Nov 12

It sounds like you don't have Flash Player installed for non-IE browsers. You can download it from here:

non-IE Flash Player

Border View 23 Nov 12

Did a google search and it looks like a known problem. Off to look some more to see if I can find a solution. Will report back if I do.

Sea Urchin 23 Nov 12

Have you installed non-IE Flash Player? You need two versions - one for IE and one for other browsers

Woolwell 23 Nov 12

You shouldn't need to install non-IE Flash in Chrome as it is built in and enabled by default. However it may need checking that it is enabled see Chrome support

Woolwell 23 Nov 12

Using a laptop? If so Read this

Border View 23 Nov 12

Hi - I've downloaded the file you recommended Sea Urchin. I've been into Chrome plug ins and Flash must be enabled because the only thing I can see for it is to disable it.

Still no sound.

Border View 23 Nov 12

Hi woolwell - no using a desktop

Border View 23 Nov 12

Other than Firefox does anyone have suggestions for an alternative browser?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message