Google Chrome Install problem

eurosteve 16:15 16 Jan 10

i have a desktop running XP IE6 and read a chrome plug in would be able to speed up my browsing etc.
problem is it doesnt download correctly,the file is on my machine but doesnt run & if itry to make it run i get the message saying this programme has no file association to perform this action ............
tried reporting to the googles but obviously no responce

any advice
thanks

cream. 17:16 16 Jan 10

" and read a chrome plug in would be able to speed up my browsing "

Don't you mean the chrome internet browser?

It will run faster. Download click here

The Kestrel 17:19 16 Jan 10

Are you talking about a Chrome plug in for IE6, or are you trying to install Chrome as a stand alone browser? I would recommend using Chrome as your default browser, it is certainly much quicker than IE on my PC, though I have IE7 not 6. If you are having problems installing Chrome as a separate browser, try deleting the original download and start again from scratch.

Sea Urchin 17:25 16 Jan 10

This is the Chrome plugin for IE -

click here

- but I would agree that you would be much better to download the Chrome browser and use that. You can still keep IE on your system as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…