Google Chrome Frame pop up

Truronian 10:42 12 Dec 13

I have been trying to get on to a US site - spa benmarnicos - to buy a voucher for an american for christmas, She wants a spa session. whenever I get on to the site, an advert for Google Chrome Frame appears on top of (i.e. covering) the page I want. What is it? Do I need it? How do I stop the advert from appearing?

Zak 11:44 12 Dec 13

I am guessing that you are using Internet Explorer as your browser. Please check whether you have Google Chrome Frame plugin installed.

Google Chrome Frame plugin

I have checked click here both with Chrome browser and IE 11 and do not experience the pop up advert you describe.

The other thing you should do is that you should check for malware if above does not solve.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free version

Truronian 16:06 12 Dec 13

Thank you, Zak. I am usining Internet Explorer but i cannot see that i have installed this plug-in. Should i install it. What will it do?

Zak 18:12 12 Dec 13

I would not bother installing, in any case it is being killed off in January 2014!!.

Full details of what it does etc. it is only useful for old versions of IE 6, 7 and 8:

Google goes 'Reader' on Chrome Frame, kills plug-in for IE

Not sure which Windows OS you are running and which version of IE. If possible I suggest updating IE

rdave13 19:53 13 Dec 13

See if you can buy a gift card from this link, click here. Or here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…