Google Chrome email problem

bpzoom 22:37 28 Feb 11
Answered

They appear to have uploaded Chrome version 9 recently. Whether the upload is relevant or not, the usual method for altering the size of the fonts in outgoing emails no longer works. i.e spanner/more options etc etc. The facility is there and it confirms your alteration has been made and saved, but when you start typing the message it reverts to size 8 no matter what size you specified in the alteration. Any help would be appreciated.

Batch 12:17 01 Mar 11
Answer

Your posting isn't overly clear, so I'm guessing a bit.

I'm, assuming that "they" (whoever they are) are using webmail and that they have downloaded (not uploaded) and installed Chrome (so what was being used before?).

That all being the case, changing the font size in Chrome's settings will not affect the font size in an email created (using webmail) via Chrome. It will only affect the font sizes of what is displayed on the screen using Chrome. Instead "they" will need to select the font size within the webmail webpage of the webmail provider.

bpzoom 16:00 01 Mar 11

Sorry about the vagueness which is my fault and due to my lack of understanding about Chrome. I know I was advised by friends to replace Internet Explorer with the Chrome browser for a variety of reasons, not least of which was speed. I received a recent complaint from an email recipient that my font size was far too big. I (wrongly) thought that by altering the size on my Chrome system via the Chrome menus would automatically alter it on the email screen on my machine and on future outgoing emails. (Because I believe Chrome may have recently upgraded to a new version 9 I jumped to the conclusion this was a fault. I have altered within the Chrome menu my font size to 12. I am now advised by two recipients that my font size is showing as 12 when they receive my emails, and is OK, I still don't understand why it shows as 8 on my screen. You explained it but I still don't get it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…