Google Chrome disappeared

Bike-it 13:07 01 Aug 10

Hi i am using Vista and have been using Google Chrome for the past 18 months with no problems, today i switched my laptop on clicked on the Chrome icon and a message appeared telling me that Chrome has been moved or deleated, any one here offer any help please?

Woolwell 13:34 01 Aug 10

I doubt that it has actually been deleted but that your Icon has somehow got a corrupted link.
Google Chrome should be still be found by clicking Start - All Programs - Google Chrome. It is probably also on the task bar (bottom left).
A further check is to see if iti is still listed under programs that can be unistalled through the control panel.

If you can start Chrome through the above then how did the icon get corrupted?
In all events a system restore may be the answer but a simple re-boot may solve the problem.

It may be wise to scan with Malwarebytes.

Bike-it 13:41 01 Aug 10

I went to start- all programmes- found Google Chrome but whenever i click on it the message mentioned above appears, also the little icon in the bottom left has changed in appearance, but it too wont open chrome, i am going to run SAS and Malawarebytes, will report back what if any thing is found>

Bike-it 22:13 01 Aug 10

Update.
SAS found nothing.
Adaware found 4 cookies and i Trojan win 32 bredolab, mt (v) all cleaned.
Malawarebytes found 1 malaware trace, cleaned.
Microsoft security essential found nothing.
On reboot Google Chrome has returned and seems to be working fine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…