Google Chrome

bpzoom 15:17 PM 09 May 11
Answered

The translation facility for foreign language web pages is very useful. You get a basic rough translation by clicking it. My question is this. I might get permission to access the website of at least one society I belong to. If I typed up a page of foreign text, got permission to upload it to a society website, I assume or hope the Google translator would provide a basic translation into English. How do I upload text? For example, do I type it in WORD and then PDF it before uploading to the text area provided, or is it more complicated than that? My objective is to solve a long standing problem trying to understand Swedish, Danish and Icelandic articles. This might be a way round it.

Woolwell 15:41 PM 09 May 11
Answer

Try Google Translate Google Translate You will also find it from Google home pae and top left More and click on down arrow

bpzoom 15:04 PM 10 May 11

Thank you Woolwell. The Google Translate was very good indeed when I tried it on two Icelandic articles. A few tweaks and reference to a dictionary was all that was needed to edit them. And I thought Google Translate only did the "main" languages like German, French etc. Many thanks for your help.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…