Google checkout integration

slightlymad 19:10 PM 27 Jan 09

I want to transfer my current website to a new domain, but I'm worried about breaking the Google checkout setup.

I bought a shopping cart system (Host Director) and the developer integrated this with Google Checkout for me, so I have no idea how it was done. If I move the site, is it as simple as changing the API callback URL in my Google Checkout settings?

Forum Editor 19:15 PM 27 Jan 09

click here

and come back to your thread if you get stuck.

slightlymad 19:31 PM 27 Jan 09

...for such a speedy and helpful response.

Everything is clear in the first two paragraphs - if provide the APR callback URL and a secure certificate then I'm good to go - is that right?

I take it that I can disregard the 3rd paragraph and beyond: "Please also note that, for Live mode...". This doesn't mean anything to me and I'm hoping it's irrelevant....

slightlymad 21:54 PM 27 Jan 09

'Live mode' means 'not test mode'.

I don't see that the original developer created an htaccess file but the current order process works OK, so I'm going to go ahead and copy the whole site over.

I won't close this thread just yet as it can't be as simple as that... it never is...

Forum Editor 18:22 PM 28 Jan 09

and if you get into difficulties we'll sort it all out together via this thread.

slightlymad 18:54 PM 29 Jan 09

Thanks for your encouragement - this is something I been put off for four months, so scared was I... But armed with your support, off I set... and it was a BREEZE. All Google needed to know was the Callback URL, for message-sending purposes.

I'm pleased pink - the only moment of terror was when I realised that I would need to export the shopping cart database from the old site to the new, something I've never done before. Both websites are hosted with Heart Internet, and turned out to be a doddle using their import/export facility.

Me very happy.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites