Google Checkout

novis 13:46 08 Nov 08

I am registered with Google Checkout - but the opportunity never seems to arise to use it to pay for online purchases.

How do I link into it when I want to pay for an item I want to buy online?

Thanks.

MAT ALAN 13:57 08 Nov 08

It will depend if the site you are buying from supports "google checkout"

When you consider they are competing with the likes of Paypal i don't think you will find many...

Ebay does NOT support google checkout...

chub_tor 14:26 08 Nov 08

I regularly use Google checkout with ebuyer and Amazon and many other on line stores also offer it.

Belatucadrus 14:44 08 Nov 08

click here for the list of stores using it.

chub_tor 15:06 08 Nov 08

Thanks for the link, I was certain that I had used Google Checkout with Amazon. Must be getting old as it is not on the list or on their website.

highside 15:56 29 Nov 09

I wanted to buuy a mobile from a UK shop but because I live abroad (UK bloke EU country with UK cards accounts and paypal all registered to delivery & billing address)they said I had to create an account with them so I did, they then said I had to pay with google checkout so I rang their shop immediately before ordering to check it was in stock and in the UK shop. Next back to google checkout to pay & after yet more timewasting after an hour was over the moon when google said the item was dispatched and my payment cleared.
Next day I did some checking and guess what they never had the item in stock at all so what was it all about. Give me paypal anytime enter your email & password and jobs done. Above case took ages to complete all for nothing.Except I am now the proud owner of two more accounts whose owners have all my details.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac