Google adwords

Midsman2005 13:57 16 Aug 06

Dear forum,

I use google adwords for some relatively low cost advertising of my website and it has generated a few sales so I cannot complain and this system is generally well thought out and well run.

However, the keyword part of the adwords process...and for those who dont know...you have to "bid" a cost per click to activate your ad to appear when someone searches for a specific keyword or phrase. You "bid" also reflects its ranking in the ads. E.G, the more you are prepared to pay per click the higher in the rankings it will appear. But there is a minimum activation amount that if you don't bid your ad will not appear at all.

Anyway, when you start a new advertisement you can enter the amount per click you are willing to pay and then do a sort of "check" to see if you have activated your keywords and where approximately your ad will appear in the rankings when someone searches for that keyword.

I think google are having a bit of a laugh with us users of this system. For example, when I set up a new ad yesterday one of the keywords would be activated at 7 pence per click...or so it said at that time...today I would need to pay £2.65 per click for the ad to be activated.

I dont understand how in 24 hours this keyword can go from costing 7p to £2.65 per click.

Just thought I would make other potential users of this system aware that when you do the initial check on your keywords to see your activation status and potential ranking, it might not bare any resemblence to reality.

Of course, if I have misunderstood the process please feel free to point it out!

:-)

Midsman2005 14:14 16 Aug 06

Sorry, its sort of my mistake...its also dependent on the time of day.

That should have been obvious I suppose, but google don't make it all that obvious.

Nevertheless, my apologies google!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…