Google account disabled due to suspicious activity

K*B 15:12 25 Jan 15
Answered

My Google email account has been disabled! When I log into it the following message shows instead of being directed to the inbox. I want to recover the account but I'm not sure if the message below is genuinely from Google or from hackers. Please help confirm if it is reaaly from Google so I go ahead with account recovery procedure. Thanks in advance.

"Google Account disabled due to suspicious activity We've detected unusual activity. For your protection, we've disabled your account. To try to regain access to your account, please visit our having trouble signing in page and select "I'm having other problems signing in." Follow the steps and you'll be taken to our account recovery form, where we'll ask you some questions to help verify your identity. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and thank you for your cooperation."

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:44 25 Jan 15
  Secret-Squirrel 16:19 25 Jan 15
Answer

"When I log into it the following message shows.......................Please help confirm if it is reaaly from Google...."

Look at the domain name in your browser's Address Bar. If it shows google.com or gmail.com then you're almost certainly on a legitimate Google webpage.

Another thing you should do is to click the padlock icon in your browser's Address Bar - if it shows that the security certificate belongs to Google, and the above is true also, then you've got nothing to worry about and can proceed to recover your account.

K*B 19:47 26 Jan 15

Thanks Secret-Squirre, I confirmed the message is really from Google and so hit the link and fixed it. The account has been recovered now and is in use. Thanks a million!

BillSers 04:56 27 Jan 15

Don't forget to change your password to a more complex one. These pests tried to hack my email account with a phone in Egypt. As soon as another login is attempted from a device not known they lock the account.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…