Google

r.s.logan 11:27 07 May 10

Anyone got an easy way to remove that ******* Google "Everything" sidebar on I.E 7 ?

Sea Urchin 11:44 07 May 10

Not much help to you but it is possible when using Firefox or Google Chrome - but this doesn't cover IE

click here

rawprawn 11:47 07 May 10

Have a look here.
click here

r.s.logan 13:18 07 May 10

Tried changing to Canada , didn't work .

Sea Urchin 13:36 07 May 10

Google Canada has now been "converted" to the sidebar as well - they are changing 37 languages at present, so sadly that link is out of date.

Taken from another forum (and it does work):

A simple but slightly bizarre solution is to switch to the Google "bork" page - at least until they wise up, listen to their users, and make that annoying "Everything" sidebar optional!

The "bork" page is a bit of humour on Google's part, with the familiar Google text labels "translated" into Swedish Chef speak (a Muppet Show reference) but it's a fully functional Google search page and the results screen is mercifully free of that sidebar.

click here

northumbria61 13:47 07 May 10

GOOGLE PUTS THE SIDEBAR ON SOME COMPUTERS TO SEE HOW THE USER LIKES IT. TO MAKE GOOGLE LOOK HOW IT WAS BEFORE, DELETE THE GOOGLE.COM COOKIE. (it seems Google have "opted you in" without telling you.

Try deleting your google.com (and google.com.au) cookies, it should get you back to normal.

A friend of mine said "I did end up deleting all my Google cookies and that restored the search results page to its good old clean for"m

Unfortunately,(or fortunately for me) my IE isn't showing the experimental search page or I would have tried this myself.

Sea Urchin 13:50 07 May 10

Deleting the cookies removes the sidebar for that session, but opening Google again restores the cookies - and you are back to the sidebar.

northumbria61 13:53 07 May 10

There's more about it here - Google have "forced" it on us (or some of us it seems)

click here

Sea Urchin 13:55 07 May 10

Yes, you can remove it from Firefox and Chrome (as my link above) but not it seems from IE at present.

northumbria61 14:06 07 May 10

click here

Sea Urchin - Yes you are right - from the above LINK - see below

There are now two left sidebars in popular discussion.

1) iGoogle sidebar which people have learned to live with or work around [or changed portals] and are now permanent.

2) Search Results side bar which is a more recent experiment, and not everyone has been exposed to yet. There is a fairly good chance it will also become permanent at some point. in the future.

Please be careful about which you are discussing, Let us not confuse both of the improvements [ehh ... mistakes?] as being the same thing.

The iGoogle sidebar is a permanent. and can not be cleared by flushing cookies and cache. There are Firefox Add-ons that can help.

The search results sidebar may [temporarily] be removed by clearing cookies and cache. It can return, and may become the "standard".

r.s.logan 21:27 07 May 10

Thanks to all for help .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac