Google

muffin1947 09:02 19 Dec 07

I wonder if anyone has had this problem.I was in a website and was going to order online.But I needed to check something and needed to go to Google so I minimised the web site and clicked on Google only for my website to dissappear.Whatever website I visit if I minimise it and go to Google I then have to find the website again.I dont recall this happening before.If I minimise the website and go to another website no problem it is only Google.

muffin1947 09:10 19 Dec 07

After I sent my first post about the dissappearing web site I minimised the PC Advisor web site and went to my ebanking website only for this site to vanish when I went back to this site I was still logged on.Very strange

johnnyrocker 09:18 19 Dec 07

you may not have your files set to open in new window, would nees your os etc to be of further help.

johnnny

muffin1947 09:21 19 Dec 07

Hi johnnyrocker...I am using Windows XP

johnnyrocker 09:25 19 Dec 07

in that case open'my computer'tools/folder options check which is ticked in browse folders and set according to your prefs.

johnny.

birdface 09:26 19 Dec 07

Press Ctrl Alt Delete at the same time.Takes you into Task Manager.Click on options.Make sure Hide when Minimized is not ticked.Now I don't know if this only works with Task Manager or not.But worth a try.

muffin1947 09:39 19 Dec 07

Thanks chaps but the problem is still there. y our advise much appreciated

johnnyrocker 09:41 19 Dec 07

what setting was folder options on?and if you changed it did you reboot?

johnny

muffin1947 09:46 19 Dec 07

It was set to open each folder in the same window and I did not re-boot.Should I have done.

johnnyrocker 09:49 19 Dec 07

yes if you changed it then advisable after clicking apply

johnny.

birdface 09:49 19 Dec 07

Try number 99.click here It worked for someone else.it may work for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac