Goodbye to Secunia

Muergo 03:04 03 Jun 10

Now along with Sunny Staines I have uninstalled Secunia, not without a battle, I had to use Revo to get all the bits out.

The final straw, after telling me that the latest Firefox put my computer at risk, was that I noted I had not had a scan for some time, so I set it to do a Quick scan.

Despite aborting it, the report showed most of my Adobe was faulty together with Real which I know was bang up to date, as was Adobe reader9.

Nine hours twenty minutes later it was still running (or not) but said it had not finished.
All this time the computer was running in snail mode and OE just froze.

After Secunia removed it's all back to normal, everything working despite not rebooting yet.

desi3026 07:50 03 Jun 10

Yes,I got rid of the Secunia PSI last year,and only rarely use the on demand scanner.Lost faith in it, as the same as you,it kept telling me things were at risk,when I knew they were not.Shame really,as in the early days it was quite good.
Regards

Andsome 08:14 03 Jun 10

Hippo update checker is far superior.

click here

kdt 10:08 03 Jun 10

i only use online checkers after having trouble with cnet's techtracker.

Muergo 10:27 04 Jun 10

I have used FileHippo for years and it hasn't changed at all but it is still utterly reliable and doesn't cause problems.

I have had good other free offerings from Sourceforge who are behind Hippo .

KremmenUK 12:33 04 Jun 10

Not had any probs with Secunia personally. When it does tell me I'm out of date I always am and I find the update via their links.

I find it useful to hunt down those updates that don't remove older versions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…