a good video editing program

inapot69 16:15 24 Oct 04

i am looking for a decent movie editing program
i have to split movies in 2 so i can fit them onto a cd.
so if anyone knows of a free...easy...usable program.
please let me know
thanx
oh by the way if you know of a decent free vcd encoder too....

TomJerry 16:26 24 Oct 04

You have got one already if you have any burning software such as Roxio Media Creator, Nero Burning and NTI CD/DVD maker because MPEG1 codec is free.

If you do not have any of those, you can try TMPGEnc which is an excellent software can do both MPEG2 and MPEG1 encoding and MPEG1 part is free click here

For free editing software VirtualDub is great click here. It even has some functions some pro editing packages lack. I think it can do MPEG1 encode as well.

Personally, I think VCD is just waste of time considering you can pick up a DVD writer under £40 and blank DVD discs cost about the same as blank CDs.

D G 08:29 25 Oct 04

There's a couple of freebies on this months pca, don't know much about video so can't tell you if they're any good, one is roxio video wave movie creator, the other is DVD X maker. DG

accord 08:33 25 Oct 04

if you have XP then why not use Movie Maker, its free.

carper 11:17 25 Oct 04

I agree with accord I find it does all I want.

TomJerry 11:42 25 Oct 04

Can you produce MPEG1/MPEG2 files using MS MovieMaker 2?

accord 19:17 25 Oct 04

Sorry I havent used Movie Maker 2.0 in too much detail, ive tend to use Ulead Videostudio 8 with AVIs from my DV corder,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…