a good usb radio or freeview for my laptop that lets me listen to am radio eg talk sport

theDarkness 02:25 09 May 08

Does anyone know if there is a good usb radio or freeview stick for my vista laptop that will let me listen to both fm and am radio, eg talk sport and local fm stations? I know alot of non computer tv freeview boxes let you listen to some radio stations so i cant see why there cant be some that do the same on the pc. I have heard that freeview via pc usually has a terrible reception though and of course a very limited selection of radio. Can anyone recommend anything in particular, either in usb digital radio or usb freeview (with radio) for the pc? Thanks for any info

MCE2K5 02:40 09 May 08

If it's just Radio you want, Have a look at this click here

Play, record and pause AM/FM radio through your computer,

MCE2K5 02:41 09 May 08

8 out of 10 on click here

theDarkness 03:28 09 May 08

Haha nice darth vader mouse but i think that usb radio might just be the way to go. slightly expensive near 40 quid just for the addition of am and being able to record but i prob dont have many options since most pc freeview boxes for both pc and normal tv only come with fm radio. Might not be losing out much in not getting a freeview for the laptop as ive heard reception can be very difficult at times watching tv. Its bad enough not getting a living room freeview not to jump (up north anyway!) but then what should i expect at 10 quid. Lol thanks will be considering that usb radio :-)

Stuartli 09:49 09 May 08

A Freeview USB stick for your laptop (preferably provided with a good signal) will be ideal - TALKSport is available on Channel 723 on Freeview.

Freeview PCI TV cards and USB sticks normally come with software that can be used in the same way as a Sky+ box; I regularly use my Twinhan Freeview PCI TV card to record TV programmes.

g0slp 12:05 09 May 08

Aldi are doing USB DVB-T sticks for £19.99 this week - not shown on website unfortunately

dagbladet 12:16 09 May 08

theDarkness

To answer part of your query, I am listening to Talksport now via my lappy. Just go to Talksport.net and click on 'listen live'. Many radio stations have the facility to stream direct from their website.

Any use?

tullie 12:16 09 May 08

Bit confused here,freeview is to view,or is it radio you want?

johnnyrocker 12:23 09 May 08

resolved how?

johnny

dagbladet 12:37 09 May 08

tullie

Theres plenty of radio stations on freeview as well.

Stuartli 13:31 09 May 08

..and, as I stated earlier, including TALKSport...:-)

The main advantage, of course, of using a PCI Freeview card or USB stick is that there's no bandwidth use, plus you can (normally) record whatever you wish.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…