Good tips on backing up users C DRIVE data??

geekuk 15:03 15 Sep 03

I have found in the past that I have lost data from the C DRIVE when backing up. What tips are there in backing up all the right & relevant data?
I.E. there are always the same SYSTEM folders that do not need to be backed up.

Cheers

spikeychris 15:13 15 Sep 03

Might be worth having a look at click here

seedie 15:18 15 Sep 03

What are you backing up to?

choffe 16:49 15 Sep 03

nero has a back up hard drive option, but it uses a lot of cd's or another one which i currently have is pinnacle instant cd+dvd which seems a lot more reassuring.

justme 19:34 15 Sep 03

One of the bigest problems of backing up data is knowing where the data is actually stored.

To overcome this problem I store all my data from all the various programs in one directory with a subdirectory for each individual program. To back up my data I only have to backup the one directory (and subdirectories of course). This ensures that I do not forget to back up any data because I forgot where the data was stored. It also makes it easier to automate the process.

R4 19:56 15 Sep 03

You could use Norton Ghost to back up to CD's but mine takes 6 CD's.

However it has the advantage that you can either restore the whole backup or just individual drives.

Recomend that Ghost 2003 is used if you do this as previous versions do not handle multiple Cd's very well.

spikeychris 19:59 15 Sep 03

If your backing up to a fixed drive you can't beat XXcopy.......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…