Good quality AFFORDABLE video-capture ...

Stonechatz 12:19 05 Apr 04

... as I want to put my VHS onto DVD - prolly in MPEG1 format - although there may be better formats I had not yet thought about. Is it true that USB attached vide-capture is not as good as PCI-card versions? What would be the best (affordable) solution?

Wellpastit 12:50 05 Apr 04

My advice before you buy, would be to check out the forum page of the device you are contemplating. The problems will enlighten, I didn't and bought a Pinnacle Studio DC10 (comes with internal card), it has now been given away, and I now use a ADS Instant DVD USB 2.0 external unit. it comes with Ulead Video Studio 7 SE software, and I can cut sections of unwanted video, change the Brightness, Contrast, Colour etc before saving, ready to burn.
This gives me great capture in both mpeg1 (and mpeg2),and replaying the new CD/DVD video looks as good as the original VHS, ie OK with colour set below TV factory settings to prevent movement.
I purchased the shop version of Video Studio 7 but didn't work with the ADS unit (or does it, anyone know?)
Burn can be done with the supplied Movie Factory, but this will not burn anything over the CD/DVD capacity. But I find that Nero 6 Recode software will do so, by automatically reducing the file to fit.
hope this is of help

pj123 13:18 05 Apr 04

There are loads of threads on this subject. All with pretty good answers. Here is one to start you off. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…