Good Photo Quality InkJet Printer - Which One?

Key Bored 21:07 24 Nov 03

I'm considering purchasing a new Inkjet printer to improve the quality of my Digital Images.
Any thoughts on the HP 7000 series (7550,7960 inparticular)?

or should I be looking else where?

Thanks in anticipation KEY BORED

Tony 21:34 24 Nov 03

the epson photo stylus 900 is the best quality with value or the 925 for more features

the canon 950i if you want to spend more

sdf 21:57 24 Nov 03

whats your budget

Spencus 22:15 24 Nov 03

click here the Cannon 865 is on offer at Comet for £149

AdventCalendar 22:21 24 Nov 03

Im after a printer for under £100, mostly for text, but will also be for the odd photo print and such....

any recommendations???

cheers

Jarvo 22:21 24 Nov 03

Hi
You will find that views will vary with cannon and epson taking the lead in most cases, look for colour life of inks and ink costs(this can save more than the cost of the printer long term). six colour printers give a better tonel range, and if you are going to be doing a lot of pre editing of your photos on a pc is a built in card reader realy necessary(espsialy if you pay more for it)? Remember that you can now have 6x4 prints printed realy cheaply (19p each at tesco) strait from your chip in half an hour,so think about the type of use you will give it.

Personly I would not go past epson, customer service is second to non, had a fault once reported at 2pm new printer 8:30am next day and I have heard of this a number of times.

AdventCalendar 09:54 25 Nov 03

can anyone help me re my point?

cheers

Pesala 12:06 25 Nov 03

Try this one click here or the C64 or C84. Use compatible inks to save money.

Prices of Epson Printers:

click here

If you only occasionally use colour, I would say go for a laser printer instead. Much cheaper to run and very much quicker to print.

This one click here is a bit more than £100, but not a lot more.

Giggle n' Bits 12:35 25 Nov 03

the Epson C62 Model that has been in the PCA Charts for ages and I have sold lots of these to my customers.

The best compatible carts for these are either the Inkrite from click here or from choice stationary.com

jules1315 14:31 25 Nov 03

I bought the HP Deskjet 5150 recently and its very good at photos (with the optional photo cartridge) and the text is also very good for an inkjet. It costs around £90 so its pretty good value

Jarvo 20:30 25 Nov 03

Hi Key Bored

The point I was trying to make is if you are wanting to produce high quality long lasting photo prints, then at the moment Cannon and Epson probably lead the field. But think about the main use of your printer, all printers will now produce aceptable photo prints and if you only want to print the odd photo, but most of your usage is text then I am sure the HP will be fine. If most of your printing is going to be photos you are better off with a dedicated photo printer. Remember regardless of printer brand look at running costs, you will spend more on ink during the printers life than the cost of the printer! Cheep compatible inks could save you money but if you are printing photos will they give you correct colour tones and will the prints be colour fast. All these questions need to be answerd before you make your desision. If your head and hart says the HP is for me then go for it, HP produce good printers just make sure its right for your use.

Regards

Jarvo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…