a good pc reapir tool kit

rafa05 20:36 02 Sep 07

Hi all

I am just about to enroll for the a+ course I am a bit nervous about the course, and i just hope some of it is not to deep. I am after a good pc reapir tool kit screwdrivers, pliers that sort of thing does anyone know where i can get a decent set from. And how hard is the course? any suggestions please.......regards Craig

Zak 20:57 02 Sep 07

PC World sell Belkin kits in various editions and corresponding prices.

I have the 36 piece:

click here

User-1159794 13:24 04 Sep 07

Maplins is good also.
click here

uesquebeathus 16:33 04 Sep 07

often not in a kit are items like these supplied in Maplins stores:-

Power Supply Tester,
often a rail in a PSU can be faulty and cause strange boot faults in computers

Network Cable Tester.
for both ends of cat5 cabling

Digital Multimeter,
to allow you to check items are actually powered, molex connections etc.

a set of motherboard connections to allow you to test Motherboards without actually fitting in a case, you could make your own out of an old case, remove all the lights,and the switches,

The A+ Certification exams are aimed at the actual guts of IT, the repair, assembling and fixing of computers, networks etc, and is the backbone of any IT technicians knowledge. Be careful not to spend too much on the tuition or any Computer IT related tests or exams, as some companies have outlandish charges which can quickly mount up. I have unfortunately met many who kept at the exams and did not know where to start and fix a computer problem. with the current costs of components going down the repair of many parts are no longer financially viable and are replaced rather than repaired, but you have to have the knowledge to know what to look for when a fault is placed in front of you, or a customer calls and gives a very angry request to resolve a fault you should know what you are talking about.

Computerhope.com at click here
has constant running tests of computer terms and technology items which you can go through as often as you like, the questions are changed often so you cannot get complacent.

some other practice tests can be done at
click here

There are also Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, MCAD, MCSD and MCDBA certifications exams they mainly are for their own products/operating systems/software as well as how to keep them working which are often required by IT employers as well then there is the SISCO, SUN, and Hewlet Packard companies own technical exams for using their servers etc.

uesquebeathus 16:34 04 Sep 07

sorry I should have said Good Luck in your future

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…