Good PC?

DaleWeekes 15:13 01 Mar 08

Hi there, im considering buying a customised pc from cougar extreme with these specs. The question is, is this a good pc for the price? I'm not really interested in playing the latest games on it, it would be nice to perhaps be able to play a game like half life 2 smoothly i guess, but I would like to do a lot of video editting as I'm gettin a camcorder soon and i'm guessing the high video resolution of these videos will be demanding for the computer. I will be using sony vegas for this. My present pc is a P4 1700MHz 512MB RAM and *!@:e radeon 9200se graphics card and this seems to struggle with low resolution videos at the moment. Is a good graphics card required for video editting? Should I get windows vista? sorry for all the questions! Thanks.

new pc specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 2.20 GHz 2Mb Cache
2Gb Corsair Memory DDR2 800 2x1Gb
300GB SATA Hard Drive
Standard 400Watt PSU.
C2D - ASROCK CONROE 1333fsb-DDR667x2 integrated motherboard
Samsung DVD +/- Re-writer
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premiem
256Mb Nvidia 8600GT graphics card DX10

all for £412

any advice on anything will be great thanks guys!

ACOLYTE 15:33 01 Mar 08

The specs look good,personally i would go for a bigger psu but that's just me also if you plan to do video editing then i would think that you might need more video ram 256 seems low for this but i have never done any video editing so i am not sure,the one thing i don't like doing is saying if the pc is good or bad to me if the pc is capable of doing what you need it for then its a good pc.

DaleWeekes 15:38 01 Mar 08

I have just noticed I am going for DDR2 800 ram, the motherboard says ddr667x2, does this mean its designed for 667 ram and i can't put ddr800 in?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…