Good News! Your now on 8Meg....or is it??

six-h 14:14 02 May 07

aside from my unresolved router seup problems, T3 advise that I'm now on their LLU'd equipment,(upto 8Meg) and not on the original BT line (2Meg max)
A bit late for comparison now, but I did a speed test 'cos I havn't noticed any change for the better.
Results were, Down:1050Kbps, nad Up: 191Kbps.
Does this look respectable, and will it allow me to do all that I want?? Say in the unlikely event that I wanted to stream video or download video files, would it be "up to it"?

Stuartli 14:23 02 May 07

Wouldn't appear to be any change for the better - in fact it's not much above 1MB it seems..:-)

I'm on TT's LLU now and get between 6 and 6.5MB.

six-h 14:57 02 May 07

Similar test on my local Highschool's connection was 7.6 and 1.5!
Can I do anything to improve it or needn't I bother?

anchor 15:32 02 May 07

Try over the next few days and see if it improves. If not, complain!!. At present its not as good as a 2Meg line.

A good speed test site that keeps a log of your results:

click here

My latest result on a 2Meg connection:

Down: 1906 kb/s

Up: 245 kb/s

Stuartli 15:43 02 May 07

How far are you from your exchange?

You can find out at click here (use the Exchange search link).

The further you are from the exchange the slower the speed available, although you should presumably be able to get better results than at present.

six-h 16:19 02 May 07

I marvel at the breadth of knowledge here!
Unfortunately, all that the search revealed, was MRALT as the Exchange, no mention of location, but I seem to remember that exchange location information is covered by the Official Secrets Act!
Dependant upon it's location, it could be between 2 and 5 miles away as the crow flies.
Would this be detrimental?

provider 2 16:24 02 May 07
  Stuartli 16:27 02 May 07

You should click on the name of the exchange (it should be in blue).

It will not only bring up a map of where the exchange is situated, but how far away you are...:-)

In my case it's 580 yards.

The Official Secrets Act might have been involved some time ago, but certainly not these days.....

six-h 16:28 02 May 07

anchor,
Tried your link just now, 1038 down and 199 up with 65ms delay using the London server.
What to do! Don't fancy my chances with TalkTalk Tech service!

Stuartli 16:29 02 May 07

Here's the page for my exchange:

click here

Stuartli 16:36 02 May 07

Another check link:

click here

This will detail your distance from the exchange. In my case, as with SamKnows, it states that TT LLU is not available but I know it is....:-)

I informed the SamKnows webmaster a few weeks ago but it's still not been updated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5