Good motherboard/PSU for a Inte Core Duo system?

twoshots 13:05 01 Nov 08

I'm in the process of creating my own system (i.e. buying all the parts and letting someone else do the hard work), and am opting for:-

Intel Core Duo E8600
4GB (2x2GB) OCZ PC2-6400 DDR2
ATI Radeon HD4850 512Mb
WD Caviar 1TB 7200RPM SATAII

What motherboard and PSU would you recommend for a system such as this? I'll also have a couple of DVD writers and a sound card plugged in, so I'm really looking for a PCI Express enables motherboard with RAID functionality, and a strong enough PSU with at least one SATA connection. Oh, and I'll need a case of course. Bah, forgot about that.

I'm aiming for a balance of price/quality. I'm guessing that most motherboards have the same functionality, regardless of price, but I'd rather be sure before buying.

Thanks!

citadel 18:55 01 Nov 08

a p45 motherboard from asus, msi, gigabyte, in case you want another card in crossfire later, lots to choose from at scan.co.uk
psu is important one with the 80% + efficiency logo to keep bills down. a 625 enermax pro82 is what I would get, in any case nothing under £50.
dont forget a case with good airflow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…