Good Looking & Quality Cases

Blitzer 00:03 27 Nov 03

Basically I'm looking to replace a case at some point in the near future and am looking for opinions/advice as to who makes a good quality case and where to buy from...

Criteria...

* Alumium
* Good Quality
* Must look good
* Good ventilation
* Removable motherboard tray
* Preferably side window
* Price - will consider upto about £100 for the 'right' case
* PSU not really essential
* There must be direct access to the drives - none of this door opening lark.

I prefer silver cases, although with the total lack of silver drives to match (I don't like the stick on alternative facings) I'm looking for either a sliver and black or all black case - so I can use black drives.

I've seen a couple of Coolermaster cases I quite like, but their website isn't that good at the moment so pictures and details are not that good. Also quite like the offerings from Beantech and Lian-Li. Particuarly interested in hearing from anyone who has used any of the cases made by these companies with regards to their quality etc.

Thanks in advance for any advice. ;-)

critic-al 00:08 27 Nov 03

£100 for a case,probably gold plated (LOL) but seriously if you can get to a good computer fair
you will see some really good ones for a lot less than £100 ,
good luck

terminus 00:10 27 Nov 03

Coincidentally I was looking at this site a few minutes ago click here;jsessionid=%40502364%3af91a85a8d4

t

Blitzer 00:11 27 Nov 03

Put it this way for that money it would have to be excellent quality and meet all my criteria. Just that some of the cases I have looked at are getting on for this sort of price - I do tend to have expensive tastes! ;-)

Blitzer 00:13 27 Nov 03

terminus,

I've just come from there myself. ;-)

Djohn 00:13 27 Nov 03

When you have chosen your case you can spray your CD drives to compliment the case. I don't know if you are aware, I only found out myself a short time back.

Both the front of the CD drive and the drawer are removable. The front of the draw just lifts up-wards to remove from it's backing. The face-plate of the CD drive is held in place by a couple of screws at the rear, these can be seen if you remove the drive from your tower unit.

Very easy to do, and a professional result is not difficult. j.

Indigo 1 07:21 27 Nov 03

Just about the best.

The Paul 07:34 27 Nov 03

They mightnt suit your needs, but I was in Maplins during the week and noticed shiny transparent cases. They are finished rather well and I thought they looked quite impressive.

click here the one I mentioned is Pre-Modded Case with Transparent Side Panel

Allan-263226 11:16 27 Nov 03

Have a look on this posting click here

There are a few sites for you to visit

rev.bem 14:50 27 Nov 03
  Blitzer 17:56 27 Nov 03

The Paul,

Not over keen on the totally transparent look TBH - the girlfriend hates them and would probably stop speaking to me! :)

rev.bem,

I was tempted by the Coolermaster Centurion Case, although I have since read some customer reviews for it on Ebuyer that were not that favourable. That coupled with not being convinced by the looks has put me off that one.

mad_allan,

Thanks for the link to that thread - I've yet to follow the links therein, but will do soon - cheers. ;-)

Thanks for all the feedback - keep it coming. ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…