Is this a good laptop ??

DavidH143 15:13 PM 13 Jan 12

I am new to laptops. I want to play lovefilm online player on my TV a Panasonic viesta. I am sure it has the relevant connections being a good modern-ish TV. I wanted to play the movies from my laptop wireless to the TV.

A few questions-

1) will the laptop if plugged in use as much electricity as an average sky + plus box.

2) Is the processor quick enough 3) I assume my laptop runs off the wireless router connected to my desktop like my mobile phone does at the moment. Is a laptop cable running from my laptop to my TV going to work ? (please ask for any clarification). Note- Do I do not need two routers-one for desktop and one for a laptop. If I have to get another router I will.

4) Will my broadband provider charge more for using a second laptop computer and a new router if I have to do it this way ?(hoping not to do it this way)

Other unrelated questions-

Will it run most applications and be fairly good for surfing ?( I am not a gamer)

Will it be adequate for the next 3 years as a laptop for me ?

Hope this is logical and answerable- if not can you tell me if it does not make sense.

Thanks very much!

DavidH143 15:28 PM 13 Jan 12

markd71 00:12 AM 18 Jan 12

The laptop is an old piece of used crap by Dell, you're only buying trouble. XP is dead ! Put a few more quid in and buy a new one or an X-Box or Sony Playstation

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

#AdventSauceJoyMince - generate a gratuitous Christmas tweet for #GivingTuesday charity

New MacBook Air release date, specs and rumours: 11in MacBook Air to be discontinued