Is this a good hosting deal

erkmatrix 09:52 09 Mar 05

Hi I'm after a hosting package for my new html website and although I don't think I'll have heaps of traffic daily as I'll have to build up the business but don't want to under do it with the hosting spec.

I'm looking at two options really, I found the american site click here offering a nice package 40gb a month and 3000MB storage or to go for this one click here the pro package at £70 a year.

Do American hosting packages work over here also I wanted to ask.

erkmatrix 09:56 09 Mar 05

or this seems to good to be true click here

no bandwidth limit for $7.00 a month

Talented Monkey 10:31 09 Mar 05

Companies often sell and give away, huge amounts of bandwidth and storage as a gimmick. They often have restrictions in small print to prevent people who will be using 3gb of stage and 100gb of bandwidth, from taking up the offer!

First of what kind of website are you creating? If you are a singer/songwriter for example, and wanting to put up dozens of Mp3 clips of your work, and expecting hundreds of visitors a day to download them, then yes you will be needed a large amount of bandwidth per month. IF you are just producing a few HTML pages with small amont of graphics and images and whole site comes to say 1mb, then you will need 1,000 unique visitors going through everyone of your pages in a month just to use up 1gb of traffic

Personally I wouldn’t go with a company outside UK for hosting. I would recommend the Web attention. I have hosting with them and they are absolutely brilliant support is second to none. A case of paying an extra few pounds does give you better service and support. Cheap is often cheerful.

If you feel you need several MYSQL databases, and believe me you will if you make use of auto install via the Cpanel they give you or high storage space and bandwidth from start then take the £50 a year package. If you feel you need extra amount after a few months, then simply upgrade the account.

erkmatrix 22:19 09 Mar 05

Thanks for the advice guys, I've decided to go I think with either 1and1 or webattention.

What does linux server actually mean and why is it different from the windows, do they both do the same thing?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…