Good hosting? Anyone use this place?

Pilch from exiled-gamers.co.uk 22:59 08 Jan 05

click here

Too good to be true or what?

Forum Editor 00:08 09 Jan 05

web site, but as you probably realise - it's not too difficult to look very good on the web. I have no way of knowing whether or not the offer is too good to be true, but I have no good reason to believe otherwise.

my inclination....

At first i thought at that price something must be a miss, but one or 2 have signed up for it but havent reported back.

I may get this next pay day, then set up my new site and also a lot of other stuff like photos etc up onto the web, as there is only so much bandwidth i want to give to my little server next to me.. the rest i need for gaming :D

Taran 11:40 09 Jan 05

The site you mentioned is on active8hosting.com servers.

This would make it appear at first glance that they are reselling their own server space or running a type of reseller account, where they pay the web host and create user accounts for anyone who pays for them.

It's not uncommon practice and many people run reseller accounts.

Let's say you pay £500 per year (just for the sake of argument) for your own server with a web host - there is nothing stopping you from sub-letting web accounts for other people on your server which can help offset the cost.

This is one form of reselling and there are several others.

Anyway, it looks like a good deal, the site itself is visually very impressive, and I'm encouraged by the fact that they have been on the go for several years (since 1998).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…