good host wanted

mags100 17:14 16 Aug 05

can anyone recommend a good host for a new website: reliable, who answers queries, is user friendly and of course not expensive. Please

ade.h 19:22 16 Aug 05

Reliable, helpful, well-featured and cheap - Freedom2Surf seems to fit your description. It has provided my ADSL for a year and my webhosting (and that of a friend's business) for about six months, and I am happy to report no shortcomings. The FE often recommends Heart Internet - that's also well worth a look. If you see any competitive prices elsewhere that you like the look of, post back and somebody who has used the provider in question may be able to comment.

bainy 00:09 17 Aug 05

I have used click here for hosting my site it is cheap at £15 all in for a year, that includes 50mb disk space and a monthly traffic allowance of 1000mb etc check them out. Customer service is second to none as is their technical support. My hosting server had a problem with its disk array and was down for an hour while sorted, they gave everyone a free months hosting for the inconvenience caused, now thats service.

mags100 07:48 17 Aug 05

thanks. I'll check them out

mags100 15:37 17 Aug 05

i should have specified - a hosting compnay that allows sub domains, because this is the answer I got back from a query I sent off to one company asking if their hosting service included sub domains: 'With reference to your enquiry, with the domain registration you can
create subdomains (but you will need to host these on your own server).'

I am new to subdomains, does this mean I have to host them myself not on their server?

mags100 15:39 17 Aug 05

i should have specified - a hosting compnay that allows sub domains, because this is the answer I got back from a query I sent off to one company asking if their hosting service included sub domains: 'With reference to your enquiry, with the domain registration you can
create subdomains (but you will need to host these on your own server).'

I am new to subdomains, does this mean I have to host them myself not on their server?

AndySD 23:18 17 Aug 05

So far I have had no problems with 1&1 and its simple to set up subdomains click here

Forum Editor 00:31 18 Aug 05

you can create sub-domains but "you will need to host these on your own server" is one worth steering clear of.

gell 13:51 19 Aug 05

try KD Internet. Excellent

quack 22:13 19 Aug 05

I have used 'supanames' on several websites and can't fault them.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 22:58 20 Aug 05

click here

Very very good.

And is used by alot of PCA members.
It offers you 500mb of disk space, 6gb of transfer, and UNLIMITED sub domains.

Help is instant, and very good.

Totally recommended, but don't buy your domain from there, as it is very expensive.

Ben

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…