Good Guides for Building a PC

Waaaclan 23:38 22 Aug 09

Does anyone know of a good guide to building a PC? I am a first time builder and will need a very detailed explanation, so if anyone knows a guide, please link.
Thanks
Waaaclan

ambra4 00:40 23 Aug 09

Take a Read at this site

How to build your own PC

click here

ambra4 00:46 23 Aug 09

Two site that you should also take a read

The First-Timer's Guide to Building a Computer from Scratch

click here

Build your own computer

click here

sunnystaines 08:54 23 Aug 09

if you get stuck post the problem.

laurie53 15:14 23 Aug 09

I found Geoff Spick's "Build Your Own PC" in the Brilliant series (Pearson) very helpful.

I did not think Stuart Yarnold's "Building a PC in East Steps" (Computer Step) was much use.

GaT7 15:55 23 Aug 09

'and will need a very detailed explanation'

Waaaclan, building a PC is terribly overrated, although becoming less so with time & with the glut of related guides out there.

It's basically just a case of carefully fitting & slotting everything in, connecting all the necessary cables & installing the OS.

Usually the toughest part is choosing the correct components to go together, & ones that meets your needs well without overdoing it or overspending. Most components have a good standard quality, but power supplies (PSUs) come in various qualities & power ratings - try not to skinch on the quality of this & get one that suits the system's requirements well.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is don't make it any more complicated than it is - which it isn't! Get the correct components & you're 80% there. Enjoy it, & as sunnystaines says, just post here if you need any help :-), G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…