A good guide to XP Pro

Ellen G 16:43 30 Apr 04

I have a disability which limits the amount of surfing and shopping around I can do. I'd like to know which guide to Windows XP pro people think is the best. I am fairly knowledgeable about 98se so not a complete novice. There are several (often expensive) guides on the market. I'd like something which is relatively clear and easy to understand but also reasonably comprehensive. And it doesn't need to include much about internet explorer.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks in advance.

johnnyrocker 17:03 30 Apr 04

click here is a good one.

johnny.

Ellen G 17:19 30 Apr 04

I think I'd prefer a paper copy as the basic guide, before I look for up-to-date info on the net.

Anymore ideas?

johnnyrocker 17:22 30 Apr 04

what about xps own help files?

johnny.

GaT7 17:26 30 Apr 04

Windows XP Pro: The Missing Manual (from Amazon) which is excellent -click here.

You'll find some more book suggestions here - click here

Online resources:
1. click here. 2. click here. 3. click here. 4. click here.

Ellen G 18:01 30 Apr 04

Yes, I saw 'the missing manual' listed on Amazon. It was one of the ones I was interested in.

Many thanks.

ZEROTOLERANCE 20:41 30 Apr 04

after having no luck trying to get a pcmcia network card to work, (See my earlier thread) fast ethernet card+ router+LAN =confused i took it back to shop and swopped it (with a little xtra on top) for a usb type network adapter.
anyway
i have just installed the 10/100 mbps network usb 2.0 ethernet adapter to my laptop, but alls not entirely well
1 when i try to share docs from the other comp, im told sharedocs is not accessible, access is denied.
2 im unable to connect to the internet through the LAN, i just get, page cannot be displayed

ZEROTOLERANCE 20:45 30 Apr 04

sorry i thought i clicked start new thread, obviously i hadnt
ZT

GaT7 20:47 30 Apr 04

ZEROTOLERANCE - Please start a fresh thread, otherwise you're unlikely to get any responses. Good luck, G

GaT7 20:48 30 Apr 04

Sorry, missed your 20:45 post! Do hope you get your LAN problem sorted : )

woodchip 21:08 30 Apr 04

I have just got a new comp XP, but still got the main comp using 98se on the net but it's just a matter of looking were MS have stored all the bit's. I am like one of my dogs looking for treats round the room. And it's supposed to be easy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…