Good general printer

Plotholder 16:10 01 Oct 06

after a new inkjet - i've read the advice on epson's, ie r220 and D88 - but what about canon, hp, etc.

After a reliable, cheap to maintain printer that gives good quality - not too worried about photo - as tend to use snapfish.

i'm invoved with allotments and do a lot of printing - can someone 'dig-out' a recommendation - and are those continous plumbed in, inks any good?????

jakimo 16:18 01 Oct 06

A budget monochrome laser would be the most economical, Samsung\Brother\HP

Woolwell 16:19 01 Oct 06

If your main use of the printer is for text then I suggest that you look at cheap laser printers. More economical than inkjet and generally very reliable too.

Gongoozler 16:21 01 Oct 06

If you want cheap to maintain inkjet, then I would recommend an Epson printer and Choice Stationery click here ink. HP printers are very good, but the ink is more expensive and even the remanufactured are a lot dearer than Epson compatibles. If you do a lot of printing and are happy only to print in monochrome, then consider a cheap laser printer.

Blubottle 16:27 01 Oct 06

Canon everytime, had two Epsons kept clogging up
got a baby Canon i250 brilliant little printer

Plotholder 16:27 01 Oct 06

Must admit to being an epson fan - need colour on no. of occassions

Gongoozler 16:34 01 Oct 06

How many sheets do you print a month?
Epsons tend to clog if they aren't used fairly regularly. Whatever you choose, avoid Lexmark inkjets - very cheap to buy, very expensive for ink. Thats why they are often bundled with computer packages.

Plotholder 17:22 01 Oct 06

Thanks 4 your time guy/gals

Border View 17:57 01 Oct 06

I have a Canon i450. Brilliant - got it cheap from Morgan Computers. Compatible cartridges cost about £1 each. (one black one colour). Have had Lexmark - very expenstive cartridges. would recommend a Canon every time. Keep your eyes peeled on Morgans web site, they come up with some cracking deals.

Happy planting and good harvesting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…