good gaming monitors anyone?NOT lcd's

fsssh 15:52 17 Jan 03
  fsssh 15:52 17 Jan 03

i would love to get an lcd monitor but too expensive & not great for games apparently. anyone heard of any good CRT monitors for games? i know there are reveiws all over the web but i need peoples first hand opinions.

jazzypop 15:59 17 Jan 03

Flatron 915ft+ - 19" heaven :)

simonp1 16:10 17 Jan 03

FSSSh

i have the same as jazzypop, top monitor, great price

PSF 16:38 17 Jan 03

LG 915FT Plus
snap, I have the same, the advantage of the Flatron over the Diamond Pro/Trinitron monitors is you do not have the two screen support wires.
You can find them a bit irritating when you have a white or light coloured background.
You also have a built in usb hub.
At the end of the day go and look at a few different monitors it is you that will be looking at it.

fsssh 16:41 17 Jan 03

what are these support wires & where are they on the screen? i was thinking more of 17 inch monitors, due to the price - would these still have support wires? £270 odd quid may be a little too much even if its a dam good monitor!

woodchip 16:56 17 Jan 03

If you just need a cheap 19" fst
click here

PSF 16:58 17 Jan 03

click here

The wires support a mask on the screen, they are about 3-4" from the top and bottom of the screen.
(Horizontal lines)

LG use a different technology to Diamondton/Trinitron monitors and so do not need the support wires.

The last monitor I had was an 17" Mitsubushi diamondtron 730, and the lines were irrating at times.

A 19" monitor does seem big at first but now I think 21-22" might be my next choice.

It would be an idea to have a look at some monitor running for yourself. Check with a white screen to see the lines, or not as is the case of the LG monitor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…