Is this a good free hosting site?

spot the braincell 10:22 06 Nov 08

click here it has no ads, 1500 MB Disk Space, 100 GB Data Transfer PHP with MySQL Database Support. Just wondered how it compares with other free hosts
cheers

dj hell 22:20 08 Nov 08

Signed up for this about a week ago. Have been testing a new database driven site wuth loads of products and for a free host its been amazing tbh (its may better than any hosting your isp would ever give you).

You get php enabled with several useful features turned on (like the fOpen() and mail() functions), cpanel access, phpmyadmin and there are no adverts on your pages at all. You'll rarely find this on free hosts. uploaded a larger file to theior servers for a test and downloaded at my full line speed (850 KB/s).

No complaints here.

EmmaS 10:14 12 Nov 08

Why would you want a free host? In the webhosting industry you get what you pay for, and free webhosts and those fighting on price alone rarely stay for long in the industry because there is not enough income to sustain them.

Better to pay something reasonable for a reliable service, than rush into something because it's "free", only to find you have probablems with the site.

cortez© 15:03 19 Nov 08

@EmmaS: Totally agree with you, buit these have a lot more features than most paid webhosts. I have been usign them On my personal site for a few months now and have been rock solid.

Had to use theor support too yesterday and got a reply within the hour - that's better than my paid hosting :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…