Good free antivirus for win 98se

mammak 18:18 01 Dec 05

Hi all I have had a rough ride these last few days regarding the above,
managed to get my old very old laptop on my network
along with my dektop win xp pro and laptop winxp home, I was well happy at that let me tell you then thought as this laptop was so old I did not want to spend even more money on protecting it as both my other comps were fully protected with paid for antivirus, I down loaded "avast" and all went belly up couldnt even load the manchine up but I have now got that sorted, and dont want to make any more mistakes so a really good freebie is in order that is compatible with 98se 128 ram.
Thanks in advance Mammak

rômanab 18:24 01 Dec 05

Try AVG click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:37 01 Dec 05

AVG gets my vote every time.

G

Belatucadrus 19:29 01 Dec 05

Pity about avast!, I never had any problems running it on an old W98 laptop wth 64MB. But if it doesn't work and AVG isn't to your taste, you could try Antivir click here

keewaa 19:33 01 Dec 05

Hope its not a virus already on the machine that is reacting to the installation of an antivirus?

mammak 19:43 01 Dec 05

Thanks to all for your response, Intalled and ran AVG and it's running like a dream computer and all LOL.
Thanks again to you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…